You’ve recently discovered toy photography and you love what you see. Fabulous images of toys flying, battling through snow storms and inhabiting magical worlds. If you’re like me, “How did they do that?”, has probably run through your mind. This six -week workshop will take you through the basics of toy photography. I will shorten your learning curve and share everything I know about:
- How to choose and source the right toy for you. Where to buy toys, pre-orders, resellers and what to watch out for. Realism vs abstraction – the concept of masking.
- Which lens is best to use with toys plus macro photography on a budget
- The basics of special effects: tack, wires, rain, smoke etc.
- How to make your toys fly, run, and otherwise feel like they are in motion. We will discuss the pros and cons of in-camera vs post production
- Beginning reflection photography: mirrors, puddles, ice, etc…
- The basics of creating artificial snow scenes. Real snow vs artificial.
Each week will have a theme. I will share what I know by showing you specific tips and tricks. There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions as we go along. Bring your questions and we will work out the answers. If I don’t have the answer, I will certainly know the person who does!
If you love toy photography but don’t know where to start, this is the perfect workshop for you! By the time you’re through this bootcamp you will have a great foundation to start your own creative toy photography journey!
If this sounds like fun, you can sign up here. I look forward to sharing what I know with you!